The application is now open for California newsrooms to apply to be part of the second cohort of the California Local News Fellowship program, a state-funded initiative to support and strengthen local reporting, focusing on underserved communities.
The application period for the 2024-2026 newsroom cohort opened on November 15 and closes on December 13 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
The fellowship program seeks newsroom applicants from throughout the state that:
- Have a strong track record of producing original local news coverage for their communities.
- Understand and seek to meet their audiences’ information needs.
- Adhere to professional journalistic ethics.
- Support diversity and inclusion in their organizations.
- And, finally, have a clear proposal for the fellow’s role and how they will support them.
Please thoroughly review this website, especially the Newsroom FAQ, before you begin the application process. If you have further questions about the program or your application, email us at email@example.com or schedule time for a brief conversation during our newsroom office hours.